Global energy network is an important platform to guarantee effective exploitation of global clean energy and ensure reliable energy supply for everybody. Global Energy Interconnection analyzes the current situation and challenges of global energy development, provides the strategic thinking, overall objective, basic pattern, construction method and development mode for the development of global energy network. Based on the prediction of global energy and electricity supply and demand in the future, with the development of UHV AC/DC and smart grid technologies, this book offers new solutions to drive the safe, clean, highly efficient and sustainable development of global energy.
The concept and development ideas concerning global energy interconnection in this book are based on the author’s thinking of strategic issues about China’s and the world’s energy and electricity development for many years, especially combined with successful practices of China’s UHV development. This book is particularly suitable for researchers and graduated students engaged in energy sector, as well as energy economics researchers, economists, consultants, and government energy policy makers in relevant fields.
- Based on the author's many years' experience in developing Smart Grid solutions within national and international projects.
- Combines both solid background information and cutting-edge technology progress, coupled with a useful and impressive list of references.
- The key energy problems which are challenging us nowadays are well stated and explained in this book, which facilitates a better understanding of the development of global energy interconnection with UHV AC/DC and smart grid technologies.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Book
- Chapter 1: Global Energy Development: The Reality and Challenges
- Chapter 2: Clean Energy Replacement and Electricity Replacement
- Chapter 3: A Global Energy Outlook
- Chapter 4: Supply and Demand of Global Energy and Electricity
Chapter 5: Building Global Energy Interconnection
- 1. Robust Smart Grid and Global Energy Interconnection
- 2. Transcontinental UHV Grid Backbone
- 3. Transnational Interconnection in Each Continent
- 4. Country-Based Ubiquitous Smart Grid
- 5. Cooperation Mechanism for Global Energy Interconnection
- 6. Comprehensive Benefits of Global Energy Interconnection
- Chapter 6: Innovation in Global Energy Interconnection Technologies
- Chapter 7: R&D on Global Energy Interconnection and Practice
- Chapter 8: Global Energy Interconnection Changes the World
- Title: Global Energy Interconnection
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): Academic Press
- ISBN: 9780128044063