Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them.
If you read nothing else on managing people, read these 10 articles (featuring “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman). We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you maximize your employees' performance.
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People will inspire you to:
- Tailor your management styles to fit your people
- Motivate with more responsibility, not more money
- Support first-time managers
- Build trust by soliciting input
- Teach smart people how to learn from failure
- Build high-performing teams
- Manage your boss
This collection of best-selling articles includes: featured article "Leadership That Gets Results" by Daniel Goleman, "One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?" "The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome," "Saving Your Rookie Managers from Themselves," "What Great Managers Do," "Fair Process: Managing in the Knowledge Economy," "Teaching Smart People How to Learn," "How (Un)ethical Are You?" "The Discipline of Teams," and "Managing Your Boss."
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Leadership That Gets Results
- One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?
- The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome
- Saving Your Rookie Managers from Themselves
- What Great Managers Do
- Fair Process: Managing in the Knowledge Economy
- Teaching Smart People How to Learn
- How (Un)ethical Are You?
- The Discipline of Teams
- Managing Your Boss
- About the Contributors
- Title: HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article "Leadership That Gets Results," by Daniel Goleman)
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422172049
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen)
The path to your professional success starts with a critical look in the mirror. (plus the …
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership (with featured article “What Makes an Effective Executive,” by Peter F. Drucker)
Go from being a good manager to an extraordinary leader. (featuring “What Makes an Effective Executive,” …
Managing Conflict with Direct Reports
Conflict with direct reports is one of the most difficult challenges facing managers today. But it's …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …