In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Understand why some organizations are very effective at using information technology
• Explain the importance of leadership and management in healthcare IT
• Align the IT strategic plan with the healthcare organization’s needs and priorities
• Turn plans into action (effective execution of healthcare IT projects)
• Recognize key leadership competencies for the IT-savvy executive and clinician
• Identify the capabilities needed to be a successful healthcare CIO and understand the evolving needs of the role
Increasingly, HIT is becoming a central contributor to the strategies, objectives, and plans of healthcare providers. The ability of healthcare IT to be leveraged to improve care quality, ...