Once the training program is designed and developed, one of the most efficient ways to implement the electronic content is by using a learning management system (LMS). LMS is a software application used for the administration, documentation, tracking, and reporting of training programs. A robust LMS should do the following:
• Centralize and automate administration
• Use self-service and self-guided services
• Assemble and deliver learning content rapidly
• Support portability and standards
• Personalize content and enable knowledge reuse
These platforms are particularly used to make the course materials, such as lecture slides, exercise sheets and solutions, and assignments, accessible.18 During the past ...