Companion material not available with eBook.
Designing a final thesis collection is a fashion student’s first chance to approach the reality of the industry. This handbook provides a step-by-step guide to creating this collection, with each chapter exploring a different stage of the project: from understanding the brief and identifying the market to research, development, and sampling, through to garment design, range planning, and styling and presentation.
Richly illustrated with 350 color photographs, the book builds on the skills learnt by students during their degree course and throughout the creation of their capsule collection. The accompanying case studies, featuring inspirational work by fashion students from 18 top fashion schools around the world, illustrate every stage of the process and showcase new talent.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1. The Different Markets for Womenswear
- Chapter 2. Fashion in Time
- Chapter 3. Creative Research
- Chapter 4. Development and Sampling
- Chapter 5. Garment Design and Line Planning
- Chapter 6. Styling and Presentation
- Chapter 7. Diffusing Your Final Collection
- Case Studies
- Title: How to Create Your Final Collection
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856698429