With the big data boom, the rise of the Internet of Things (IoT), and the development of artificial intelligence (AI) applications, we’ve entered a new era of smart data. Unfortunately, not many enterprises are ready for it. Some companies are deficient in data management, while others lack standard data engineering systems. Some simply lag behind in data science.
The bottom line is that many enterprises have no advanced technical platform for building IoT-driven AI applications. But there is a practical solution.
This report examines how the Smart Data Platform, or SmartDP, enables enterprises to enhance their capacities in data management, data engineering, and data science. Authors Yifei Lin and Xiao Wenfeng of TalkingData describe a complete SmartDP solution that involves data, platform products, data applications, and consulting services—components that together can supplement and strengthen your current data platforms.
Explore SmartDP from concept to practice and discover how implementing this solution will allow your organization to achieve new business value.
Table of contents
- 1. The Advent of the Smart Data Era
- 2. Challenges of the Smart Data Era for Enterprises
- 3. The Advent of Smart Enterprises and SmartDP
- 4. Data Management, Data Engineering, and Data Science Overview
- 5. SmartDP Solutions
6. SmartDP Reference Architecture
- Data Layer
- Data Access Layer
- Infrastructure Layer
- Data Application Layer
- Operation Management Layer
7. Case Studies
- SmartDP Drives Growth in Banks
- Real Estate Development Groups Integrate Online and Offline Marketing with SmartDP
- Common Market Practices and Disadvantages
- Description of the Overall Plan
- Title: Implementing a Smart Data Platform
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491983485
You might also like
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Data Architecture: A Primer for the Data Scientist, 2nd Edition
Over the past 5 years, the concept of big data has matured, data science has grown …
Architecting Data-Intensive Applications
Architect and design data-intensive applications and, in the process, learn how to collect, process, store, govern, …
Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence
“The authors’ clear visual style provides a comprehensive look at what’s currently possible with artificial neural …