1. Statements of Objects and Reasons of the Bill
2. Government of India, Ministry of Labour (2002). Report of the National Commission on Labour, Vol. I, Part I, pp. 394–402
3. Bramblett, E.R. (1961) Management of Discipline. in: Management of Personnel Quarterly, Vol. I, No. 1, p. 10 as quoted in Pigors, P. and Myers, C.A. (1969). Personnel Administration. New York: McGraw Hill, p. 441 (sixth edition, International Students Edition)
4. Casselman, P.H. (1949). Labour Dictionary. New York: Philosophical Library, pp. 189–90
5. TISCO (1970). Works Standing Orders, pp. 10–13; TELCO (1950). Works Standing Orders, pp. 8–10; TRF Ltd. (1968). Works Standing Orders, pp. 13–16; Larsen and Toubro Ltd. (1955). Standing Orders for Daily-Rated ...