Book DescriptionWhen a crippling disease shattered his lifelong ambition, Dr. V (Venkataswamy) chose an impossible new dream: to cure the world of blindness. The tiny clinic he founded in India defied conventional business logic and is now the largest provider of eye care on the planet.
At Aravind, patients choose whether to pay or not. Millions are treated for free, yet the organization remains stunningly self-reliant. Serving everyone from penniless farmers to the president, it delivers world-class outcomes at less than a hundredth of what similar services cost in advanced nations. Its model is emulated by organizations everywhere from Rwanda to San Francisco.
Infinite Vision uncovers the radical principles behind Aravind's baffling success. Charged with profound insights and stories, it draws readers to the heart of Dr. V's selfless vision, proving how choices that seem quixotic can, when executed with compassion and integrity, yield incredible results—results that can light the eyes of millions.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- The Aravind Family Tree
- Meet The Family
- Introduction: The Power and Paradox of Aravind
- Prologue: Climbing Everest
- Part I The 5-Minute, $15 Cure: On Efficiency and Compassion
- Part II Do The Work And Money Will Follow: On Sustainability and Selflessness
- Part III A Vast Surrender: On Innovation and Inner Transformation
- Part IV Training Your Competition: On Replication and Self-Awareness
- Part V How Do You Retire A Saint?: On Change and Integrity
- Epilogue: Death’s Question
- Name Index.
- About The Authors
- Connecting To Aravind’s Work
- Title: Infinite Vision
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605099804