11Building Your Sense of Progress
T he building blocks for your sense of progress are these:
- A collaborative climate—working with people who help each other succeed
- Milestones—using reference points to mark your stages of accomplishment
- Celebrations—finding occasions to enjoy your attainment of milestones
- Access to customers—interacting with the beneficiaries of your work
- Measurement of improvement—knowing when your performance is getting better
The following are some actions you can take to help develop these building blocks.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Think win/win; seek first to understand, then to be understood; synergize.
In collaborative relationships, people look for solutions that meet everyone’s concerns ...