Introduces the latest developments and technologies in the area of nonlinear aeroelasticity
Nonlinear aeroelasticity has become an increasingly popular research area in recent years. There have been many driving forces behind this development, increasingly flexible structures, nonlinear control laws, materials with nonlinear characteristics, etc. Introduction to Nonlinear Aeroelasticity covers the theoretical basics in nonlinear aeroelasticity and applies the theory to practical problems.
As nonlinear aeroelasticity is a combined topic, necessitating expertise from different areas, the book introduces methodologies from a variety of disciplines such as nonlinear dynamics, bifurcation analysis, unsteady aerodynamics, non-smooth systems and others. The emphasis throughout is on the practical application of the theories and methods, so as to enable the reader to apply their newly acquired knowledge.
- Covers the major topics in nonlinear aeroelasticity, from the galloping of cables to supersonic panel flutter.
- Discusses nonlinear dynamics, bifurcation analysis, numerical continuation, unsteady aerodynamics and non-smooth systems.
- Considers the practical application of the theories and methods.
- Covers nonlinear dynamics, bifurcation analysis and numerical methods.
- Accompanied by a website hosting Matlab code.
Introduction to Nonlinear Aeroelasticity is a comprehensive reference for researchers and workers in industry and is also a useful introduction to the subject for graduate and undergraduate students across engineering disciplines.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Dimitriadis: Nonlinear Aeroelasticity – Series Preface Oct 2016
- About the Companion Website
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Nonlinear Dynamics
- 3 Time Integration
4 Determining the Vibration Parameters
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Amplitude and Frequency Determination
- 4.3 Equivalent Linearisation
- 4.4 Hilbert Transform
- 4.5 Time‐Varying Linear Approximation
- 4.6 Short Time Fourier Transform
- 4.7 Pinpointing Bifurcations
- 4.8 Limit Cycle Study
- 4.9 Poincaré Sections
- 4.10 Stability of Periodic Solutions
- 4.11 Concluding Remarks
- 5 Bifurcations of Fundamental Aeroelastic Systems
- 6 Discontinuous Nonlinearities
- 7 Numerical Continuation
- 8 Low‐Speed Aerodynamic Nonlinearities
- 9 High‐Speed Aeroelastic Nonlinearities
- 10 Finite Wings
Appendix A: Aeroelastic Models
- A.1 Galloping Oscillator
- A.2 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge‐Control Wing Section with Unsteady Aerodynamics
- A.3 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge‐Control Wing Section with Quasi‐Steady Aerodynamics
- A.4 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge Wing Section with Quasi‐Steady Aerodynamics
- A.5 Two‐Dimensional Pitching Wing Section with Quasi‐Steady Aerodynamics
- A.6 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge Wing with Leishman–Beddoes Aerodynamic Model
- A.7 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge Wing with ONERA Aerodynamic Model
- A.8 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge‐Control Wing Section with Supersonic Aerodynamics
- A.9 Two‐Dimensional Pitch‐Plunge Wing Section with Supersonic Aerodynamics
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Introduction to Nonlinear Aeroelasticity
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118613474
You might also like
Fundamentals of Technical Mathematics
Fundamentals of Technical Mathematics introduces key, applied mathematics for engineering technologists and technicians. Through a simple, …
Advanced UAV Aerodynamics, Flight Stability and Control
Comprehensively covers emerging aerospace technologies Advanced UAV aerodynamics, flight stability and control: Novel concepts, theory and …
Conceptual Aircraft Design
Provides a Comprehensive Introduction to Aircraft Design with an Industrial Approach This book introduces readers to …
Noise and Vibration Control in Automotive Bodies
A comprehensive and versatile treatment of an important and complex topic in vehicle design Written by …