Chapter 10. Securing the Transition Mechanisms
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Understanding IPv4-to-IPv6 Transition Techniques: Reviews dual-stack, tunnels (ISATAP, configured, 6to4, Teredo), and translation
• Implementing Dual-Stack Security: Describes dual-stack and the IPv6 latent threats and the associated mitigation techniques
• Hacking the Tunnels: Describes threats against static and dynamic tunnels, including sniffing, packet injection, and unauthorized use and shows how to protect the tunnels with IPsec and ACLs
• Attacking NAT-PT: Describes the vulnerabilities of the translation mechanisms
• IPv6 Latent Threats Against IPv4 Networks: Describes how IPv6 can be used as an attack vector, even in a pure IPv4 network ...