Let's take a closer look at Joomla's menus. If you hover over each word in the navigation (Site, Menus, Content, etc), you will get a dropdown menu that displays the options located there.
I will be going through these items in more detail throughout the book. For now, here's an overview of what's happening in the menus.
The Site menu, shown in Figure 5-4, contains the following options:
- Control Panel: Your starting screen once you've logged into Joomla
- User Manager: Where you create new users, manage users, and control individual user settings
- Media Manager: Where you upload images, documents like PDFs, and other media files for the website
- Global Configuration: Where global parameters are set, affecting the whole website
- Logout: Logs you out of the back end of Joomla
The Menus menu, shown in Figure 5-5, contains the following options:
- Menu Manager: Where you create new menus (navigation bars) for your website.
- Menu Trash: If you delete links from your menu, they go to the trash until you delete them permanently.
- Main Menu: By default, the first menu Joomla creates for you. This has a single link in it, to the home page.
If you have installed Joomla's sample data, you will see many additional menu items listed under Main ...