Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches guides you through the process of building a robust and secure web application using the core AWS services you really need to know. You'll be amazed by how much you can accomplish with AWS!
About the Technology
Cloud computing has transformed the way we build and deliver software. With the Amazon Web Services cloud platform, you can trade expensive glass room hardware and custom infrastructure for virtual servers and easy-to-configure storage, security, and networking services. Better, because you don't own the hardware, you only pay for the computing power you need! Just learn a few key ideas and techniques and you can have applications up and running in AWS in minutes.
About the Book
Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches gets you started with AWS fast. In just 21 bite-size lessons, you'll learn the concepts and practical techniques you need to deploy and manage applications. You'll learn by doing real-world labs that guide you from the core AWS tool set through setting up security and storage and planning for growth. You'll even deploy a public-facing application that's highly available, scalable, and load balanced.
First steps with AWS--no experience required
Deploy web apps using EC2, RDS, S3, and Route 53
Cheap and fast system backups
Setting up cloud automation
About the Reader
If you know your way around Windows or Linux and have a basic idea of how web applications work, you're ready to start using AWS.
About the Author
David Clinton is a system administrator, teacher, and writer. He has administered, written about, and created training materials for many important technology subjects including Linux systems, cloud computing (AWS in particular), and container technologies like Docker. Many of his video training courses can be found on Pluralsight.com, and links to his other books (on Linux administration and server virtualization) can be found at https://bootstrap-it.com.
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About This Book
- Chapter 1. Before you begin
Part 1. The core AWS tools
- Chapter 2. The 10-minute EC2 web server
- Chapter 3. Provisioning a more robust EC2 website
- Chapter 4. Databases on AWS
- Chapter 5. DNS: what’s in a name?
- Chapter 6. S3: cheap, fast file storage
- Chapter 7. S3: cheap, fast system backups
- Chapter 8. AWS security: working with IAM users, groups, and roles
- Chapter 9. Managing growth
- Chapter 10. Pushing back against the chaos: using resource tags
- Chapter 11. CloudWatch: monitoring AWS resources for fun and profit
- Chapter 12. Another way to play: the command-line interface
- Part 2. The AWS power user: optimizing your infrastructure
- Part 3. Food for thought: what else can AWS do for you?
- Appendix. Connecting to your EC2 instance
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617294440
You might also like
Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition
Summary Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to computing, storing, and …
Serverless Architectures on AWS: With examples using AWS Lambda
Summary Serverless Architectures on AWS teaches you how to build, secure and manage serverless architectures that …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …