Learn how to think and write code like a functional programmer. With this practical guide, software developers familiar with object-oriented programming will dive into the core concepts of functional programming and learn how to use both functional and OOP features together on large or complex software projects.
- Learn functional programming fundamentals and explore the way functional programmers approach problems
- Understand how FP differs from object-oriented and imperative programming
- Use a set of practical, applicable design patterns that model reality in a functional way
- Learn how to incorporate FP and OOP features into software projects
- Apply functional design patterns appropriately and use them to write correct, robust, and easily modifiable code
Table of contents
- 1. What Is Functional Programming?
- 2. Mathematical Preliminaries
- 3. Category Theory and Patterns
- 4. Functional Data Structures
- 5. More on Immutability
- 6. Questions of Concurrency
- 7. Where to from Here?
- var and val
- Classes and Objects
- Case Classes
- About the Author
- Title: Learning Functional Programming
- Release date: August 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098111755
You might also like
Grokking Functional Programming
There’s no need to fear going functional! This friendly, lively, and engaging guide is perfect for …
Introduction to Functional Programming
This video’s accompanying exercises and solutions can be found here. Functional programming has become an integral …
Mastering Functional Programming
Learn how functional programming can help you in deploying web servers and working with databases in …
Functional Programming For Dummies
Your guide to the functional programming paradigm Functional programming mainly sees use in math computations, including …