1. Robert W. Eichinger, Cara Capretta Raymond, and Jim Peters, presentation at the 2005 Succession Management Conference, New York, October 17, 2005.
2. Samuel Taylor, “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner,” 1797.
3. Hewitt Associates and Human Capital Institute, The State of Talent Management: Today’s Challenges, Tomorrow’s Opportunities (Washington, D.C.: Human Capital Institute, 2008).
4. Matthew Guthridge, Asmus B. Komm, and Emily Lawson, “Making Talent a Strategic Priority,” McKinsey Quarterly, January 2008, https://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Making_talent_a_strategic_priority_2092
5. Calhoun W. Wick and Lu Stanton Leon, The Learning Edge: How Smart Managers and Smart Companies Stay Ahead (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1993), p. xii. ...