INTELLIGENT BUSINESS PLANNING AND CONTROLLING USING MICROSOFT PROJECT 2010
IN THIS CHAPTER
In this chapter, we describe how strategic planning with Project Server facilitates the linkage between the strategy and program/project execution for the organization. Microsoft Project 2010 is one of the best project management (PM) and collaboration tools that supports organizational linkage between strategy and execution.
What You Will Learn
- How Project Server enables strategic planning
- The value of linking strategy to performance
- The shape of the Portfolio Lifecycle with Project Server
- How to leverage business drivers for success in projects
- How to use Project Server to master demand management
- Best practices for determining portfolio selection criteria
- How to create portfolio views and link dependent projects
- How to view or address constraints in a portfolio
- How to creating multiple scenarios for portfolio planning
- How to commit new work through portfolio planning
- Project Server's optimization of governance for project management offices (PMOs).
UNDERSTANDING STRATEGIC PLANNING WITH PROJECT SERVER
The content in this section has been structured around key portfolio management knowledge constructs illustrated in figure 9.1, and describes how Project Server 2010 can be used to provide a complete end-to-end integrated solution to address the portfolio management needs of a department or enterprise. Figure 9.1 illustrates the topic map for key knowledge concepts and components. ...