Every enterprise application creates data, including log messages, metrics, user activity, and outgoing messages. Learning how to move these items is almost as important as the data itself. If you're an application architect, developer, or production engineer new to Apache Pulsar, this practical guide shows you how to use this open source event streaming platform to handle real-time data feeds.
Jowanza Joseph, staff software engineer at Finicity, explains how to deploy production Pulsar clusters, write reliable event streaming applications, and build scalable real-time data pipelines with this platform. Through detailed examples, you'll learn Pulsar's design principles, reliability guarantees, key APIs, and architecture details, including the replication protocol, the load manager, and the storage layer.
This book helps you:
- Understand how event streaming fits in the big data ecosystem
- Explore Pulsar producers, consumers, and readers for writing and reading events
- Build scalable data pipelines by connecting Pulsar with external systems
- Simplify event-streaming application building with Pulsar Functions
- Manage Pulsar to perform monitoring, tuning, and maintenance tasks
- Use Pulsar's operational measurements to secure a production cluster
- Process event streams using Flink and query event streams using Presto
- Title: Mastering Apache Pulsar
- Release date: December 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492084884
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
CCNP and CCIE Enterprise Core ENCOR 350-401 Official Cert Guide
Trust the best-selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and …
Infrastructure as Code, 2nd Edition
Just five years ago, infrastructure as code was a new concept for many companies. Today, even …