KEY STEPS TO PROJECT COMPLETION
Industrial Minerals of Australia (IMCOA) has taken the time to tabulate the steps involved in a REE project (see Table 10.5, which illustrates the process, and Figure 10.7, which gives an idea of time scale).
Table 10.5 Key steps to REE project completion
- Establish resource– appoint geological consultants, to establish grade of deposit– legal and commercial due diligence
- Understand/evaluate mineralogy– identification of minerals, availability of REE within them
- Scoping study– required to justify undertaking the Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS)
- Pilot plan: benefication– demonstrate viability, generates data for DFS
- Pilot plant: extraction– produce samples for evaluation
- Pilot plant: separation– generate data ...