Installing and Authorizing DHCP
Installing DHCP is easy using the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation mechanism. Unlike some other services discussed in this book, the installation process installs just the service and its associated snap-in, starting it when the installation is complete. At that point, it’s not delivering any DHCP service, but you don’t have to reboot.
Exercise 13.1 shows you how to install DHCP Server using Server Manager.
Installing the DHCP Service
1. Select Start ⇒ Administrative Tools ⇒ Server Manager.
2. Click the Roles link and then the Add Roles Link.
3. Click the DHCP Server box, and then click Next.
4. If the Introduction To DHCP page appears, click Next.
5. On the Specify DNS Server ...