Enterprise Edition pools can contain up to 20 Front End Servers to provide scaling and high-availability to Lync services. The steps that follow outline how to configure these pools in Topology Builder:
1. Open Lync Topology Builder.
2. Download the Topology from the existing deployment, or create a new topology if this is a brand-new infrastructure.
3. Expand Lync Server 2013, expand the site where this pool will be located, and expand Lync Server 2013.
4. Right-click on Enterprise Edition Front End Pools, and select New Front End Pool.
5. Click Next and continue with the Define New Front End Pool wizard (see Figure 15.9). Specify a Pool FQDN such as
Lyncpool.companyabc.com and click Next. ...