Chapter 6. Migrating from SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint 2007
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Formulating a Migration Strategy
- Outlining Supported Migration Scenarios
- Examining SharePoint 2007 Migration Paths
- Performing an In-Place Upgrade of a SharePoint Environment
- Performing a Gradual Migration
- Performing Advanced Migrations
- Best Practices
Many organizations have existing SharePoint 2003 products and technologies deployed in production environments but are interested in taking advantage of the new features of SharePoint 2007. Many of these organizations have significant investments in the existing infrastructure, however, and need to ensure site functionality throughout the upgrade process.
SharePoint 2007 includes a migration option built in to the program ...