Generally speaking, report development follows four or five phases (illustrated in Figure 55.9):
1. Preparing your data sources and datasets for use with SSDT and/or Report Builder
2. Designing your report using SSDT or Report Builder—that is, laying out your visual controls and wiring up the datasets
3. Deploying your reports, report parts, data sources, and shared datasets to the ReportServer catalog, where they are stored (SSDT and Report Manager both provide this function)
4. Testing your reports using a supported web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari) via Report Manager or your development tool of choice
5. (Optionally) Securing your reports and setting up data caching rules ...