Chapter 5. Monitoring with Execution Plans
In this chapter we will cover:
- Working with an Estimated Execution Plan
- Working with an Actual Execution Plan
- Monitoring the performance of a query by SET SHOWPLAN_XML
- Monitoring the performance of a query by SET STATISTICS XML
- Monitoring the performance of a query by SET STATISTICS IO
- Finding the Execution Time of a query by SET STATISTICS TIME
- Including and understanding Client Statistics
An execution plan is one of the most important feature shipped with SQL Server since long. This feature is not only for DBA or SQL developer, but this is useful for everybody who is dealing with T-SQL (Transact-SQL) in any capacity.
An execution plan guides you to understand what has happened with the query, which ...