Chapter 16. Optimizing Your .NET 2.0 Code
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Understanding Boxing and Unboxing
- Using Proper String Manipulation Techniques
- Efficient Loop Construction
- Speeding Up Application Start Times
- Code Profiling Using the Performance Wizard
As you will see throughout this book, you can increase the performance and scalability of Windows Forms, Web Forms, and web services in many ways. This chapter focuses on the things that you can do at the Framework level that can help optimize any code that you write, regardless of the target platform. You will see some habits that are easy to adopt that will help keep your application running smoothly and quickly, as well as a tool that can be used to speed up the application launch process and a tool ...