Chapter 38. Developing Smart Clients
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Practical Web Service Consumption
- Using the New Application Settings System
- Supporting Offline and Online Operation
- Authorizing and Authenticating Users
- Multithreaded Web Service Consumption
- Using the
At last, there is a marked distinction between simple disconnected applications and the new breed of applications made possible by the .NET Framework: smart clients.
The phrase smart client is a broad term that may apply to many different types of applications depending on the person using the phrase. For the purposes of this chapter, the author is referring solely to a specific subset of applications that he considers the only true “smart clients.” These applications ...