Chapter 2: An Introduction to Gulp.js
by Craig Buckler
Peer reviewed by Giulio Mainardi and Tim Severien.
Developers spend precious little time coding. Even if we ignore irritating meetings, much of the job involves basic tasks which can sap your working day:
- generating HTML from templates and content files
- compressing new and modified images
- compiling Sass to CSS code
debugger statements from scripts
- transpiling ES6 to cross-browser-compatible ES5 code
- code linting and validation
- deploying files to development, staging and production servers
Tasks must be repeated every time you make a change. You may start with good intentions but the most infallible developer will ...