In Chapter 2, Installation and the Requirements for Elasticsearch, we introduced and installed Elasticsearch-head, and now we will begin examining its features.
The Overview tab
The first tab in Elasticsearch-head is the Overview tab. This tab answers questions such as the following:
- How many nodes are in the cluster?
- Is the cluster in a healthy state?
- Is all of the cluster's data available?
- How many indices are in the cluster, and how big are they?
- How much data is in the cluster?
Users can also use this tab to perform some basic administrative actions (creating indices, deleting indices, and so on).
After loading in sample Twitter data from the previous section, our Overview tab looks like the following:
We can see that three nodes ...