Your first step into the world of network security
No security experience required
Includes clear and easily understood explanations
Makes learning easy
Your first step to network security begins here!
Learn about hackers and their attacks
Understand security tools and technologies
Defend your network with firewalls, routers, and other devices
Explore security for wireless networks
Learn how to prepare for security incidents
Welcome to the world of network security!
Computer networks are indispensable-but they're also not secure. With the proliferation of Internet viruses and worms, many people and companies are considering increasing their network security. But first, you need to make sense of this complex world of hackers, viruses, and the tools to combat them.
No security experience needed!
Network Security First-Step explains the basics of network security in easy-to-grasp language that all of us can understand. This book takes you on a guided tour of the core technologies that make up and control network security. Whether you are looking to take your first step into a career in network security or are interested in simply gaining knowledge of the technology, this book is for you!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Icons Used in This Book
- Command Syntax Conventions
- How This Book Is Organized
- Chapter 1. Here There Be Hackers!
- Chapter 2. Security Policies and Responses
- Chapter 3. Overview of Security Technologies
- Chapter 4. Security Protocols
- Chapter 5. Firewalls
- Chapter 6. Router Security
- Chapter 7. IPSec Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Chapter 8. Wireless Security
- Chapter 9. Intrusion Detection and Honeypots
- Chapter 10. Tools of the Trade
- Appendix A. Answers to Chapter Review Questions
- Title: Network Security First-Step
- Release date: May 2004
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9781587203206
You might also like
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), 2nd Edition
18+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn everything you need to know to pass the Certified Ethical …
Network Defense and Countermeasures: Principles and Practices, Third edition
All you need to know about defending networks, in one book Clearly explains concepts, terminology, challenges, …
Network Security Auditing
This complete new guide to auditing network security is an indispensable resource for security, network, and …