The process of auditing focuses on validating and assessing the effectiveness of the controls that are in place. Similar to any Information Technology (IT) or information security domain, network security is also subjected to predefined audit cycles to ensure the efficacy of the security controls and their efficiency as part of the overall security program.
In this chapter, we will understand the processes, tools, frameworks, and industry standards of network auditing.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Getting started with your audit
- Understanding the fundamentals of an audit
- Performing a network security audit
- Exploring network audit tools
- Network audit checklist
- Auditing best practices and ...