Chapter 5. Interconnecting the LANs
5-5 Interconnecting LANs with the Router
5-6 Configuring the Network Interface—Auto-negotiation
• Describe how a bridge is used to interconnect LANs
• Describe how a switch is used to interconnect LANs
• Discuss the advantages of using a switch instead of a hub
• Describe the function of a router when used to interconnect LANs
• Describe the interface associated with a router
• Describe the function of a gateway in a computer network
• Describe the concept of a network segment
• Describe the concept of auto-negotiation
Get Networking Essentials: A CompTIA Network N10-006 Textbook, 4/e now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.