Chapter 8. Introduction to Switch Configuration
8-3 Introduction to Switch Configuration
• Be able to identify and describe the three types of VLANs
• Discuss two ways for establishing VLAN membership
• Understand how to use the commands to configure a network switch
• Be able to explain the steps for configuring a static VLAN
• Explain the purpose of the Spanning-Tree Protocol
• Discuss the purpose of the five Spanning-Tree Protocol states
• Understand how to use SNMP tools for network management
• Discuss the advantages of using Power over Ethernet
Get Networking Essentials, Third Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.