• What a vector is, and why you should care
• What a matrix is, and why you should care more
• How we use matrices and vectors to move geometry around
• The OpenGL conventions of the modelview and projection matrices
• What a camera is, and how to apply its transformation
• How to transform a point lights position into eye coordinates
In Chapter 3, “Basic Rendering,” you learned how to draw points, lines, and triangles in 3D. To turn a collection of shapes into a coherent scene, you must arrange them in relation to one another and to the viewer. In this chapter, you start moving shapes and objects around in your coordinate system. ...