Success in any endeavor is not a matter of luck, fate, or happenstance. And that is just as true about succeeding at school. This book will help you learn to look at your school experience from a new vantage point, one that allows you to increase your motivation and commitment, build your confidence, and take control over your educational experience instead of depending on others to get you where you want to go. How? You’ll learn to take ownership over your education. When you take ownership, and only then, you will succeed¿– and you will be more likely to succeed in other arenas of you life, as well. This book will teach you how to do that, and do that well.
Table of Contents
- About this eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
- 1. Characteristics of Ownership
- 2. Who Are You?
- 3. Why Should You Own When Renting Is Easy?
- 4. The Education Pyramid: What Bricks Are You Missing?
- 5. What Has Caused You to Rent?
- 6. Why Do You Lack Pride and Confidence?
- 7. The Key to Ownership... It’s All in a Circle
- 8. What Does Ownership Look Like?
9. Accountability: How Do You Own It?
- Wanted: Accountable Students
- Accountability and the Education Pyramid
- What Are the Skills of Accountability?
- What Principles Support Accountability?
- Why Might You Lack Accountability?
- How Accountability Principles Affect Each Other
- How Do You Practice and Master Accountability?
- Owning Accountability
10. Critical Thinking: How Do You Own It?
- Wanted: Students Who Can Think Critically
- Critical Thinking and the Education Pyramid
- What Are the Skills of Critical Thinking?
- What Principles Support Critical Thinking?
- Why Might You Lack Critical Thinking?
- How Critical Thinking Principles Affect Each Other
- How Do You Practice and Master Critical Thinking?
- Owning Critical Thinking
11. Effective Planning: How Do You Own It?
- Wanted: Students with Strong Planning Skills
- Effective Planning and the Education Pyramid
- What Are the Skills of Effective Planning?
- What Principles Support Effective Planning?
- Why Might You Not Be an Effective Planner?
- How Effective Planning Principles Affect Each Other
- How Do You Practice and Master Effective Planning?
- Owning Effective Planning
12. Study Strategies: How Do You Own Them?
- Wanted: Students with Strong Study Skills
- Study Strategies and the Education Pyramid
- What Are the Skills of Effective Studying?
- What Principles Support Effective Studying?
- Why Might You Lack Effective Study Strategies and How Do You Take Ownership of Studying?
- How Do You Practice and Master Effective Study Strategies?
- How Knowledge and Confidence Affect Each Other
- Conclusion: You Are in Charge!
- Title: Own Your Education!: A Student’s Guide to Greater Success in School (and Life)
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780133573466