The registration script was first started in Chapter 7, “Using PHP with MySQL.” It has since been improved upon in many ways. This version of register.php will do the following:
- Both display and handle the form
- Validate the submitted data using regular expressions
- Redisplay the form with the values remembered if a problem occurs (the form will be sticky)
- Process the submitted data using the escape_data() function from the mysql_connect.php script
- Ensure a unique email address
- Send an email containing an activation link
To write register.php
Create a new document in your text editor (Script 13.6).
<?php # Script 13.6 - register.php
Script 13.6. The registration script uses regular expressions for security and a sticky form ...