Chapter 7: Calling a Web API from Node-RED
In this chapter, let's call a web API from Node-RED. Basically, in Node-RED, processing is performed as per the created flow, but it is JSON data that connects processing. In that sense, it is very compatible with web APIs.
Let's get started with the following four topics:
- Learning about the RESTful API
- Learning about the input/output parameters of a node
- How to call the web API on a node
- How to use the IBM Watson API
By the end of this chapter, you will have mastered how to call any type of web API from Node-RED.
To progress through this chapter, you will need the following:
- Node-RED (v1.1.0 or above)
The code used in this chapter can be found in Chapter07 folder at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Practical-Node-RED-Programming ...