1 Introduction to probabilistic deep learning
This chapter covers
- What is a probabilistic model?
- What is deep learning and when do you use it?
- Comparing traditional machine learning and deep learning approaches for image classification
- The underlying principles of both curve fitting and neural networks
- Comparing non-probabilistic and probabilistic models
- What probabilistic deep learning is and why it’s useful
Deep learning (DL) is one of the hottest topics in data science and artificial intelligence today. DL has only been feasible since 2012 with the widespread usage of GPUs, but you’re probably already dealing with DL technologies in various ...