GENERATE SDK FROM THE OS DESIGN
You need a software development kit (SDK), generated from the MyCompact7 OS design, to support application development for the target device associated with the OS design.
Create a New SDK
With the MyCompact7 OS design project active, work through the exercise in this section to create and configure a new SDK:
1. From the VS2008 Project menu, click Add New SDK to bring up the new SDK Wizard, as shown in Figure 7-20.
2. For the SDK Name, enter MyCompact7_SDK.
3. For the Product Name, enter MyCompact7_SDK.
4. For the Product Version, enter 1 for Major and keep the 0 entries for Minor and Build.
5. For the Company Name, enter Embedded101.
6. For the Company Website, enter http://www.embedded101.com.
7. From the left pane, click the Install node and enter MyCompact7_SDK.msi for the MSI File Name entry, as shown in Figure 7-21.
8. From the left pane, click the Development Languages node; on the right, click the check box to enable Managed Development Support, as shown in Figure 7-22.
9. Click Apply and then OK to save and close the SDK Wizard screen.
After the new SDK is created, the newly created MyCompact7_SDK ...