Explore the Internet of Things and build useful, functioning Photon projects
Quickly learn to construct your own electronics devices and control them over the Internet with help from this DIY guide. Programming the Photon: Getting Started with the Internet of Things features clear explanations and step-by-step examples that use inexpensive, easy-to-find components. Discover how to connect to Wi-Fi networks, attach hardware to I/O ports, write custom programs, and work from the cloud. You will learn how to troubleshoot and tweak your Photon creations—even interface with social media sites!
· Set up your Photon board and connect to the Particle cloud
· Start constructing and programming custom IoT projects
· Learn the syntax of both the C and Arduino languages
· Incorporate switches, sensors, and other input devices
· Control hardware through the Photon’s outputs
· Control your creations through the Internet
· Add functions with Particle shields and add-on boards
· Link real-time data to your board via the IFTTT Web Service
· Integrate with websites—Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and more!