If you feel it’s time you learned object-oriented programming techniques, this is the perfect book for you. Clearly written with practical exercises, it’s the painless way to learn how to harness the power of OOP in Python.
- Learn how to do Object Oriented Programming in Python using this step-by-step tutorial
- Design public interfaces using abstraction, encapsulation, and information hiding
- Turn your designs into working software by studying the Python syntax
- Raise, handle, define, and manipulate exceptions using special error objects
- Implement Object Oriented Programming in Python using practical examples
Object Oriented Programming is a very important aspect of modern programming languages. The basic principles of Object Oriented Programming are relatively easy to learn. Putting them together into working designs can be challenging.
This book makes programming more of a pleasure than a chore using powerful Python 3 object-oriented features of Python 3. It clearly demonstrates the core OOP principles and how to correctly implement OOP in Python.
Object Oriented Programming ranks high in importance among the many models Python supports. Yet, many programmers never bother learning the powerful features that make this language object oriented.
The book teaches when and how OOP should be correctly applied. It emphasizes not only the simple syntax of OOP in Python, but also how to combine these objects into well-designed software.
This book will introduce you to the terminology of the object-oriented paradigm, focusing on object-oriented design with step-by-step examples. It will take you from simple inheritance, one of the most useful tools in the object-oriented programmer's toolbox, all the way through to cooperative inheritance, one of the most complicated. You will be able to raise, handle, define, and manipulate exceptions.
You will be able to integrate the object-oriented and the not-so-object-oriented aspects of Python. You will also be able to create maintainable applications by studying higher level design patterns. You'll learn the complexities of string and file manipulation, and how Python distinguishes between binary and textual data. Not one, but two very powerful automated testing systems will be introduced to you. You'll understand the joy of unit testing and just how easy they are to create. You'll even study higher level libraries such as database connectors and GUI toolkits and how they apply object-oriented principles.
Harness the power of Python 3 objects; it's not just a scripting language
Table of contents
Python 3 Object Oriented Programming
- Table of Contents
- Python 3 Object Oriented Programming
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Object-oriented Design
- 2. Objects in Python
- 3. When Objects are Alike
- 4. Expecting the Unexpected
- 5. When to Use Object-oriented Programming
- 6. Python Data Structures
7. Python Object-oriented Shortcuts
- Python built-in functions
- An alternative to method overloading
- Functions are objects too
- Case study
8. Python Design Patterns I
- Design patterns
- Decorator pattern
- Observer pattern
- Strategy pattern
- State pattern
- Singleton pattern
- Template pattern
- 9. Python Design Patterns II
10. Files and Strings
- File IO
- Storing objects
11. Testing Object-oriented Programs
- Why test?
- Unit testing
- Testing with py.test
- How much testing is enough?
- Case Study
- 12. Common Python 3 Libraries
- Title: Python 3 Object Oriented Programming
- Release date: July 2010
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849511261
You might also like
Python 3 Object-oriented Programming - Second Edition
Unleash the power of Python 3 objects About This Book Stop writing scripts and start architecting …
Mastering Python Design Patterns - Second Edition
Exploit various design patterns to master the art of solving problems using Python Key Features Master …
Python Beyond The Basics - Object Oriented Programming
In this Python Beyond the Basics - Object-Oriented Programming training course, expert author David Blaikie will …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …