Mike Driscoll takes you on a journey talking to a hall-of-fame list of truly remarkable Python experts. You’ll be inspired every time by their passion for the Python language, as they share with you their experiences, contributions, and careers in Python.About This Book
- Hear from these key Python thinkers about the current status of Python, and where it's heading in the future
- Listen to their close thoughts on significant Python topics, such as Python's role in scientific computing, and machine learning
- Understand the direction of Python, and what needs to change for Python 4
Python programmers and students interested in the way that Python is used – past and present – with useful anecdotes. It will also be of interest to those looking to gain insights from top programmers.What You Will Learn
- How successful programmers think
- The history of Python
- Insights into the minds of the Python core team
- Trends in Python programming
Each of these twenty Python Interviews can inspire and refresh your relationship with Python and the people who make Python what it is today. Let these interviews spark your own creativity, and discover how you also have the ability to make your mark on a thriving tech community. This book invites you to immerse in the Python landscape, and let these remarkable programmers show you how you too can connect and share with Python programmers around the world. Learn from their opinions, enjoy their stories, and use their tech tips.
- Brett Cannon - former director of the PSF, Python core developer, led the migration to Python 3.
- Steve Holden - tireless Python promoter and former chairman and director of the PSF.
- Carol Willing - former director of the PSF and Python core developer, Project Jupyter Steering Council member.
- Nick Coghlan - founding member of the PSF's Packaging Working Group and Python core developer.
- Jessica McKellar - former director of the PSF and Python activist.
- Marc-André Lemburg - Python core developer and founding member of the PSF.
- Glyph Lefkowitz - founder of Twisted and fellow of the PSF
- Doug Hellmann - fellow of the PSF, creator of the Python Module of the Week blog, Python community member since 1998.
- Massimo Di Pierro - fellow of the PSF, data scientist and the inventor of web2py.
- Alex Martelli - fellow of the PSF and co-author of Python in a Nutshell.
- Barry Warsaw - fellow of the PSF, Python core developer since 1995, and original member of PythonLabs.
- Tarek Ziadé - founder of Afpy and author of Expert Python Programming.
- Sebastian Raschka - data scientist and author of Python Machine Learning.
- Wesley Chun - fellow of the PSF and author of the Core Python Programming books.
- Steven Lott - Python blogger and author of Python for Secret Agents.
- Oliver Schoenborn - author of Pypubsub and wxPython mailing list contributor.
- Al Sweigart - bestselling author of Automate the Boring Stuff with Python and creator of the Python modules Pyperclip and PyAutoGUI.
- Luciano Ramalho - fellow of the PSF and the author of Fluent Python.
- Mike Bayer - fellow of the PSF, creator of open source libraries including SQLAlchemy.
- Jake Vanderplas - data scientist and author of Python Data Science Handbook.
This is a book of one-to-one interviews with leading Python programmers and luminaries in the field.
Table of contents
- Python Interviews
- 1. Brett Cannon
- 2. Steve Holden
- 3. Carol Willing
- 4. Glyph Lefkowitz
- 5. Doug Hellmann
- 6. Massimo Di Pierro
- 7. Alex Martelli
- 8. Marc-André Lemburg
- 9. Barry Warsaw
- 10. Jessica McKellar
- 11. Tarek Ziadé
- 12. Sebastian Raschka
- 13. Wesley Chun
- 14. Steven Lott
- 15. Oliver Schoenborn
- 16. Al Sweigart
- 17. Luciano Ramalho
- 18. Nick Coghlan
- 19. Mike Bayer
- 20. Jake Vanderplas
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Python Interviews
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788399081
You might also like
Python Data Structures and Algorithms
Implement classic and functional data structures and algorithms using Python About This Book A step by …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …