QuickBooks keeps track of the information you enter, including most configuration information, in lists. QuickBooks has many different lists, most of which are accessible through its Lists menu and Customer & Vendor Profile submenu (Figure 1):
• Chart of Accounts is a list of the accounts created for your business.
• Items is a list of the products, services, and other items you sell.
• Classes is a list of the classifications you may use to further categorize transactions.
• Customer:Jobs is a list of the customers you sell to and the jobs you work on.
• Vendors is a list of the vendors you buy inventory, supplies, and services from.
• Employees is a list of your employees.
• Other Names is a list of ...