Enhance your SAP HANA skills using this step-by-step guide to creating and reporting data models for real-time analytics
About This Book
- This book will help you to process analytical and transactional data in real time with the help of SAP HANA.
- Walk through the steps of the data modeling process and build various data models and artifacts in SAP HANA Studio.
- Packed with rich examples and use cases that are closely focused on developing real-time applications.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a SAP HANA data modeler, developer, implementation/migration consultant, project manager, or architect who is responsible for implementing/migrating to SAP HANA, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the basic building blocks of Analytics/Data models in the SAP HANA environment.
- Discover various schemas, modeling principles, Joins, and the architecture of the SAP HANA engine.
- Build data models and artifacts in Sap HANA Studio.
- Design decision tables and understand the concept of transport management in the SAP HANA landscape.
- Work with the different views in SAP HANA Studio.
- Explore full-text search and fuzzy search in SAP HANA.
- Create your own scenarios and use cases using sample data and code.
SAP HANA is an in-memory database created by SAP. SAP HANA breaks traditional database barriers to simplify IT landscapes, eliminating data preparation, pre-aggregation, and tuning. SAP HANA and in-memory computing allow you to instantly access huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, including text data, from different sources.
Starting with data modeling, this fast-paced guide shows you how to add a system to SAP HANA Studio, create a schema, packages, and delivery unit. Moving on, you'll get an understanding of real-time replication via SLT and learn how to use SAP HANA Studio to perform this. We'll also have a quick look at SAP Business Object DATA service and SAP Direct Extractor for Data Load. After that, you will learn to create HANA artifacts - Analytical Privileges and Calculation View. At the end of the book, we will explore the SMART DATA access option and AFL library, and finally deliver pre-packaged functionality that can be used to build information models faster and easier.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step, rapid guide to help you learn analytics in SAP HANA through ample hands-on exercises and use case scenarios.
Table of contents
Real Time Analytics with SAP HANA
- Table of Contents
- Real Time Analytics with SAP HANA
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Kickoff – Before We Start
- Introducing SAP HANA SQL
- The SAP HANA SQLscript
- When should we use SQLscript?
- JOINS in SAP HANA
- Unions versus JOINS
- Self-study questions
2. SAP HANA Data Modeling Approach
- Row and column storage in SAP HANA
- Basic architecture of the SAP HANA engine
- Different modeling artifacts in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Studio
- Different schemas in SAP HANA
- Creating package and delivery unit
- Self-study questions
3. Different Ways of SAP HANA Data Load
- Loading data from Flat file in SAP HANA
- Real-time replication via SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation) Replication Server
- Loading data with SAP Direct Extractor
- Application server configuration
- Creating a DXC schema and user in SAP HANA
- Loading data in SAP HANA with Data Services Workbench
- SAP Replication Server
- Smart Data Access
- Self-study questions
- 4. Creating SAP HANA Artifacts Attribute Views and Analytical Views
- 5. Creating SAP HANA Artifacts – Analytical Privileges and Calculation Views
- 6. Understanding Text Search and Hierarchies in SAP HANA
- 7. Using Decision Tables and Transporting SAP HANA Content
- 8. Consuming SAP HANA Data Models
- 9. An Introduction to Application Function Library
- Title: Real Time Analytics with SAP HANA
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782174110
You might also like
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Software Development on the SAP HANA Platform
Written by a SAP HANA expert, this book takes you from installation to running your own …
SAP HANA Cookbook
Your all-inclusive guide to understanding SAP HANA with over 50 recipes Understand the architecture of SAP …
SAP Data Services 4.x Cookbook
Delve into the SAP Data Services environment to efficiently prepare, implement, and develop ETL processes About …