Chapter 4 Preview
When you have completed reading this chapter you will be able to:
• Identify the four steps involved in evaluating a simple regression model.
• Evaluate whether a simple regression model makes logical sense.
• Check for statistical significance of a slope term.
• Identify when it is appropriate to use a one-tailed versus a two-tailed hypothesis test.
• Evaluate the explanatory power of a simple regression model.
• Check for serial correlation in simple regression models with time-series data.
At this point, you are familiar with the basics of OLS regression analysis and how to perform it in Excel. In this chapter, you will learn a relatively ...