Maintaining and Correcting Entries
In This Chapter
- Locating transactions
- Doing file maintenance
- Searching for records
- Performing backup and restore routines
Everyone makes mistakes. Sage understands this and makes it very easy for you to correct your errors. You can completely delete an item, change elements of a transaction such as the date or tax code, or find an item to double-check something.
In this chapter, I show you how to make changes to your data and correct any mistakes you find.
Finding Ways to Find Transactions
To amend or delete a transaction, you need to know the transaction number and then locate the transaction.
To find a transaction, you use the Transactions module:
- Using the Navigation bar, click Transactions.
- Click the Find button at the top of the screen.
This brings up the Find box, as in Figure 9-1, which you use to find the transaction.
- Enter details into the boxes.
Tell Sage what to find and where to look:
- Find: The information you enter here depends on what the Search In field shows. For example, in Figure 9-1, the Search In field reads Transaction Number, so the entry in this field should be a transaction number.
- Search In: A dropdown box gives you different variables to search with. The default variable is Transaction Number, but you can also choose Account Reference, Reference, Details, Date, Net Amount, Bank Account Reference, Nominal Account Reference, Ex Reference, Tax Amount, Amount Paid, Date Reconciled, and Late Entry Date.
- Match: ...