So how does Flickr make its money? It’s free, isn’t it?
Well, yes and no. Like so many Internet business models, Flickr makes its money by offering premium services for a fee. Those services are known as the Pro package, and according to Flickr, this is what Pro gives you:
• Unlimited photo uploads (20MB per photo)
• Unlimited video uploads (90 seconds max, 500MB per video)
• The capability to show HD Video
• Unlimited storage
• Unlimited bandwidth
• Archiving of high-resolution original images
• The ability to replace a photo
• Post any of your photos or videos in up to 60 group pools
• Ad-free browsing and sharing
• View count and referrer statistics
Flickr is quick to point out that you get considerably ...