Create a MongoDB cluster that will to grow to meet the needs of your application. With this short and concise book, you'll get guidelines for setting up and using clusters to store a large volume of data, and learn how to access the data efficiently. In the process, you'll understand how to make your application work with a distributed database system.
Scaling MongoDB will help you:
- Set up a MongoDB cluster through sharding
- Work with a cluster to query and update data
- Operate, monitor, and backup your cluster
- Plan your application to deal with outages
By following the advice in this book, you'll be well on your way to building and running an efficient, predictable distributed system using MongoDB.
Table of contents
- 1. Welcome to Distributed Computing!
- 2. Understanding Sharding
3. Setting Up a Cluster
- Choosing a Shard Key
- Sharding a New Collection
- Sharding an Existing Collection
- Adding and Removing Capacity
- 4. Working With a Cluster
- Using the Shell
- Suggestions on Architecture
- What to Do When Things Go Wrong
- 6. Further Reading
- About the Author
- Title: Scaling MongoDB
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449303211
You might also like
When it comes to choosing, using, and maintaining a database, understanding its internals is essential. But …
Distributed Systems in One Lesson
Simple tasks like running a program or storing and retrieving data become much more complicated when …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …