Shoot to Thrill
“If you’re looking for a fresh, offbeat style, you’ll enjoy this book.” --John Nack
If you’re packin’ heat and a D-SLR, SHOOT TO THRILL is like having a bullet-proof vest. Loaded with tips, dames, laughs, tales of noir, and photos shot from the hip!
HARD TIMES, TOUGH TALK, HARD-BOILED SOLUTIONS
A BOOK TO INSPIRE AMATEURS & PROS ALIKE.
Written in the style of a pulp detective novel, this book goes beyond the mechanics of shooting and teaches us all how to “see” with a fresh vision. Shoot to Thrill teaches creative techniques such as
Achieving dramatic film noir lighting
Getting the ring flash look (the rage in fashion photography)
Experimenting with High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI)
Capturing breaking news, and a lot more
Offers valuable “two-fisted tips” on how to score killer shots—from still life to action.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from you!
- Reader Services
- Introduction: The F Stops Here
- Prologue: I Cover the Watergate: From Nixon to Nikon
- 1. Packin’ Heat: Gear for the Gumshoe Shutterbug
- 2. Call for Backup!: Defend & Protect Your Photos
- 3. Private Eyes: Look Before You Shoot
- 4. Hand-to-Cam Combat: From Auto Pilot to Taking Control
- 5. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Noir: Ambient Light and Flash
- 6. A Thirst for Burst: Thrilling Action Adventures
7. From Chump to Champ: Tampering with Photos
- Did Somebody Call the Crops?
- Sharpen me Deadly
- “Have you Tried Calling Noise Abatement?”
- Manipulations, Great and Small
- Art for Art’s Sake (and for Pete’s Sake, too)
- There Ain’t Nothin’ Like a Dame
- 8. The Devil is in the Details
- 9. “I’ve Been Framed!”: Showing Off in Public
- 10. “Play it Again, Cam...”: The Future Is DV
- A. Hot Links, Cool Leads
- B. A Hard-Boiled Library
- Title: Shoot to Thrill: A Hard-Boiled Guide to Digital Photography
- Release date: September 2009
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780768694444