Chapter 5. Build the Model
- Defining the Model and how it fits into our architecture
- The relationship between the Model, Data, and Fake modules
- Setting up files for the Model
- Enabling touch devices
- Designing the people object
- Building the people object and testing the API
- Updating the Shell so users may sign in and sign out
This chapter builds on code we’ve written in chapters 3 and 4 of this book. Before starting, you should have the project files from chapter 4, as we’ll be adding to them. We recommend you copy the entire directory structure you created in chapter 4 into a new “chapter_5” directory and update it there.
In this chapter we design and build the people object portion of the Model. ...