Exploring Content-Marketing Platforms
IN THIS CHAPTER
Creating and sharing professional content
Guest blogging for fun and profit
As we discuss in Chapter 1 of this minibook, content encompasses a wide variety of platforms, and every platform is beginner-friendly. After all, we all have to start somewhere. However, you may find that you’re more comfortable using some platforms over others, which is perfectly normal. Your content strategy can include one platform or all of them. As you become familiar with the different options, you can determine for yourself which work best for your needs.
Take a look at some of the different platforms available to you:
- Blog: Informal, conversational, articles.
- Podcast: Audio files akin to an online radio show. A podcast can be a single person discussing issues or ranting, or interviews, music, or news updates.
- Video: Videos can be used to promote, sell, entertain, and enlighten.
- Image: Use photographs in blog posts or alone to tell a story.
- Social media: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, and other social-networking sites can be used as content — that is, to create your own post or to share relevant ...