Appendix F: UI/GUI and Game Evaluation Checklist
This appendix moves more into the concepts of usability, which is a wide and complex topic. I will treat it lightly here, but added research may be needed [1–5]. As a start in usability, you will need to consider the following general factors, which are expanded on in the checklist:
- The user (age, ability, disability, language/culture, experience, and others)
- The app (what is it and what does it do)
- The project context (cost, schedule, risk, and others)
- The mobile or embedded device (physical features such as screen, connectivity, central processing unit [CPU], memory, and others mentioned in the attacks of this book)
- The environment the device will be used in (factory, weather, sea, air, space, ...